If you are planning your destination wedding, here is a checklist of the must-do tasks during the earlier stages of your wedding planning to make sure everything goes smoothly:
9 months to 1 year before the wedding
- Have a binder where you can keep your ideas, information, and contracts.
- Draft a guest list and collect their home and email addresses.
- Try to figure out the budget and determine where you will splurge and where you will hold back.
- Research the requirements for your wedding at your target destination
- Try to find a wedding planner and look into your potential sites for the wedding and reception
- list down the names of your entourage
- Shop around for your wedding gowns, photo services and other needs.
6 to 9 months before the wedding
- Pick the date of the big day and reserve the wedding site
- Send out the save the date cards
- Select your vendors from the caterer, florists, photographer, band, etc.
- Choose your wedding officiant.
- Order your wedding gown
- Plan how the service will go.
- Make a honeymoon registry and try to accomplish the wedding gifts registry
- Plan out activities and options for the entourage.
- Research if you need to incorporate any cultural, family, or local traditions to your wedding.
4 to 6 months before the wedding
- Order wedding rings
- Fix paperwork like passports and visas.
- Get any necessary vaccination.
- Arrange important rental needs like chairs, sound equipment, tables, etc.
- Book your hotels and flights for the wedding and your honeymoon.
- Shop for jewelry and accessories you will need for the wedding.
- Set appointments for a day in the spa and salon with your bridesmaids.
- Order your invitations and your thank you cards.